Meet Dr. Baptist – Aloha Dental Associates
Dr. Benjamin Baptist graduated Summa Cum Laude from Southern Illinois University Carbondale, where he studied Biology and Chemistry. While there, he held a two-year research assistantship with the department head of Chemistry and Biochemistry, where he investigated materials to advance chemotherapy and nerve growth/reattachment. From there, he moved on to the University of Illinois, College of Dentistry, where he graduated at the top of his class.
While at the University of Illinois, Dr. Benjamin Baptist participated in clinical training that integrated all forms of dentistry, including pediatrics, advanced restorative procedures, and dental implant therapy. Dr. Baptist has always been interested in dental education and even spent time teaching at the University of Illinois, as well as at the Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine, fostering the next generation of dental professionals. He even completed an implant fellowship course at the Georgia Health Sciences University.
In addition to mentoring at the universities, Dr. Baptist remains up-to-date on the latest advancements as an affiliate for a variety of organizations, including:
- Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry (FAGD)
- Fellow of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID)
- Fellowship with the International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI)
- Diplomate of the American Board of Implantology/ Implant Dentistry (ABOI/ID)
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- Illinois State Dental Society (ISDS)
- Chicago Dental Society (CDA)
In his free time, Dr. Benjamin Baptist likes enjoying his family, carpentry, and auto mechanics.